Archive for June, 2010
Canon has announced that the latest and most advanced touch screen IXUS is now available in South Africa – the new IXUS 210. Available in black, silver and pink, the Canon IXUS 210 offers a sculpted metal exterior, a 14.1 Megapixel image sensor and 24mm genuine Canon lens for premium imaging performance to match its iconic IXUS styling. A newly-developed touch user interface coupled with on-screen Hints and Tips, makes capturing, browsing and sharing images easier than ever before.
The Canon’s IXUS 210 IS Touch shares many features with its predecessor, the Ixus 200 IS Touch, but is significantly cheaper. The sensor size remains the same as its predecessor but resolution is increased from 12.1 to 14.1 megapixels. The LCD touch screen is also larger; with a 3.5-inch diagonal instead of 3-inch and its resolution is 461,000 dots, up from 230,000 dots.
The Canon IXUS 210 is the most advanced touch screen IXUS to date. By using large and easy-to-press on-screen icons while shooting, users can swiftly access commonly-used camera functions, while a simple-to-navigate touch menu system aids swift access to other camera settings. The touch screen has required some camera settings to be changed, but the new model retains the small size and light weight of its predecessor. The front panel has the standard Ixus styling, with a brushed metal face plate and shiny stainless steel ring surrounding the lens. A small LED AF-Assist lamp is recessed into the upper right edge of this ring. Above it is a slim built-in flash.
Unlike previous models, the 210 IS Touch is one of the first Canon digicams to support the new Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) card format, which was unveiled roughly a year ago. These new cards offer faster data transfer speeds and higher capacities (up to 2TB promised), making them ideal for video recordings.
Canon IXUS 210 features:
- Stylish, 14.1 Megapixel, metal body IXUS in four colour options
- Genuine Canon 24mm ultra wide-angle 5x zoom lens with optical Image Stabilizer
- Wide 8.8cm (3.5″) PureColor II Touch LCD with touch control
- Touch AF, custom icon layout and tap control
- Easy to use with Smart Auto, Face Detection and on-screen Hints & Tips
- HD Movies (720p) and HDMI connection
- Smart Shutter with Smile, Wink Self-Timer and FaceSelf-Timer
- Smart Flash Exposure and i-Contrast for best results in all situations
- DIGIC 4 and Servo AF/AE for ultra-fast response and high image quality
- Shooting modes including Low Light, Fish-eye, Miniature and Creative Light Effect
The Canon IXUS 210 IS Touch Digital Camera is available now from your one-stop Online Shopping Store – WebAntics Online.
SwitchEasy delivers its second case for the Apple iPad with the all new SwitchEasy RibCage™. The face has a bone-like design modeled after a ribcage that features an ultra tough overall protection for your iPad. It is manufactured from extremely long-lasting faux-leather that features a unique design. The back has a perfect fit Elasto-PU to make sure that your iPad is safe and sound inside the wonderfully designed sleeve.
The interior is a firm plastic frame and the bone like construction copied from the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel M’s blueprint is also meant to shield your device from bumps, dings, drops and direct front hits as it absorbs the shock for the utmost protection for your screen.
It is available in black and white colours and with the SwitchEasy famous line of “everything but the kitchen sink” you will get the SwitchEasy RibCage™ protective sleeve along with two impressive portable fold-out stands (one white and one black) that suits your viewing pleasure, one anti-static screen guard for your iPad screen, one Microfiber cloth and a squeegee card for easy application of the anti-static screen guard.
You can buy SwitchEasy RibCage™ on the WebAntics Online shopping website for R429.00 inclusive of Vat.
We all know that Logitech is one of the leader’s when it comes to PC Peripherals. Even in our top 10 list, more than half of the mouses are Logitech so we know of the product quality. The Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M555b is another good looking compact wireless mouse which connects via Bluetooth so that avid laptop users don’t need a separate wireless device to be connected to their USB Port. In addition to Bluetooth connectivity, the M555b mouse features hyper-fast scrolling, laser tracking and a low-battery indicator. It is available immediately from www.WebAntics.co.za.
- Bluetooth technology
- Hyper-fast scrolling
- Laser tracking
- Low-battery indicator (dual-color LED)
- 3 programmable buttons and programmable tilt wheel
- 1000 dpi resolution
- Up to 4 months of battery life
We have promoted quite a few of these iPhone and iPod alarm clocks from the iLuv group before on WebAntics Online, but this latest model is one which might actually get you out of bed in the morning, the iLuv IMM178 Vibe Plus iPhone And iPod Alarm Clock.
This Apple iPhone-certified new improved version features a sleek and slim black body design with a ‘shake & awake’ attachment that includes a speaker and volume control and that you place under your pillow. When your alarm goes off, the attachment begins to vibrate, which is bound to wake you up. iPhone and iPod users now have ten ways to wake up to their favourite music and this dock provides a 7 day – 5 day – 2 day alarm option for waking at a set time everyday, weekdays only or weekends. The Vibe Plus will be available now for the suggested retail of R1,199.00 but you can purchase it online from WebAntics.co.za for the launch price of R999.95 incl vat and they’ll ship it to your door.
On top of that, the iLuv IMM178 features an FM digital radio and a pair of stereo speakers, there is a dual alarm function, and a time sync function that syncronises the time with your iPhone or iPod.
“iLuv is very happy to add a premium quality version of our Bed Shaker Dual Alarm Clock to our series of alarm clock docks ,” said Howard Kim, Marketing Manager for iLuv. “This is a great solution for heavy sleepers and with the 7-5-2 day wake alarm function it meets everyone’s waking needs.”
The iLuv IMM178 is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod Touch 2nd generation, iPod Touch, iPod Nano 1st – 5th generation, iPod Classic, iPod with video, iPod 4th generation, iPod mini.
Say the words “speech recognition software” and the only product that comes to mind is Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Dragon has ruled the roost for years, partly because it’s a fantastic and very easy to use, and partly because it just doesn’t have any competition. With the latest Dragon 10 version, the leading voice-recognition software benefits from new automation tools, improved hands-free navigation, updates to the interface, and—most important—increased accuracy and speed.
With speech recognition software from Nuance Communications, you can turn your voice into text three times faster than most people type. Just start talking, and the software will recognize your voice instantly, with up to 99% accuracy. It takes only minutes of training to get started, and accuracy will continually improve the more you use the software.
It’s easy to get started with speech recognition, whether you’re using a PC or a Mac. Each edition of our speech recognition software delivers the same fast and accurate transcription of spoken words. But some editions include more advanced features to make interacting with your computer – regardless of whether it’s a PC or a Mac - easier than ever.
Find the correct version from your local online shopping store (WebAntics Online) or call if you need assistance in finding the right product for your needs.
At the office or on the go, your life never stops moving. Microsoft Office 2010 gives you smart, simple, timesaving tools to help you keep up with it. Now you can express ideas, solve problems, connect with people and create amazing results – wherever life takes you.
The Microsoft 2010 Office Suite promises lots of new features and enhancements. This version is a good step ahead of previous Microsoft Office versions. Microsoft Office 2010 also marks the first time Office will be shipping in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
With Windows 7, you have the option of running 64-bit Windows on your 64-bit PC, and now with Office 2010 you have that same choice. As 64-bit processors and operating systems are becoming the standard for systems ranging from servers to desktop computers, 64-bit Office will be able to take advantage of everything that 64-bit systems have to offer.
The Office Suite will have a slightly different look to the 2007 versions and below are the versions to be released:
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 to Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
Microsoft Office Basic 2007 to Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 to Microsoft Office Professional 2010
Microsoft Office Professional 2007 to Microsoft Office Professional 2010
Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 to Microsoft Office Professional 2010
There are also some handy new features and we’ve listed a run down of the 10 most handy:
1. Improved Picture & Video editing – Powerpoint will have improved and more advanced picture and video editing features. You can perform basic editing and add effects like trimming, fades, reflections to photos & videos.
2. Connect & co-authoring – Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010 and OneNote 2010 lets you work on a file with multiple people simultaneously from different locations to brainstorm ideas, control versions better and meet deadlines faster.
3. Office on Web – Now you can work on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents online using Office on web and access documents from internet connected phone or computer.
4. Manage large amount of emails – Outlook 2010 improves the tracking and managing of e-mail conversations. It compress your long e-mail threads into a few conversations that can be categorized, filed, ignored or cleaned up within a few clicks.
5. New analysis & visualization features – With new data analysis and visualization features in Excel 2010, you can easily track and highlight important data trends.
6. Videos in Powerpoint presentations – With PowerPoint 2010, you can embed and personalize videos within your presentation. The embedded video file can be customized by adding video triggers and styles directly within PowerPoint 2010.
7. Store ideas & notes – With Microsoft OneNote 2010, you get the ultimate digital notebook for tracking, organizing and sharing your text, photos, and video and audio files.
8. Communicate & share – Business users can use the presence icon in Office Communicator when co-authoring in Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010 and Outlook 2010 to see who else is authoring a file at the same time.
9. Faster & easy menu access – The Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional file menu, helping you quickly get to operations such as save, share, print and publish with just few clicks.
10. Access to work documents – Office 2010 gives you a familiar and intuitive experience across PCs, Smartphones and Web browsers so that you have the freedom to use the system from more locations and on multiple devices.
Microsoft Office 2010 is now available for pre-order from your favourite online shopping store and starts shipping from the 15th June
Adobe’s Photoshop is the software choice of many web designers, photographers and artists all over the world, and now with the release of the new Photoshop CS5 and CS5 Extended, even more professionals are sure to make it their go-to software choice. Packing in more technological advancements from Adobe Labs than any other release and incorporating enhancements to everyday tasks requested by the Photoshop community, the software has greater intelligence and awareness of the content within images, allowing for complex and magical manipulation in just a few clicks. Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended delivers everything in Photoshop CS5, as well as advanced tools for 3-D which address the unique needs of the video, Web, medical, manufacturing and engineering industries.
Adobe Photoshop CS5 and CS5 Extended are available immediately. Adobe Photoshop CS5 is priced at R7351.49 and R10,500.91 for Photoshop CS5 Extended. Upgrade pricing starts at R2217.12. For more information visit WebAntics Online
The ThinkPad T Series represents a complete lineup of innovative thin and light notebooks and is designed to enhance productivity, durability and connectivity. ThinkPad T Series notebooks are equipped with the new Intel Core i-5 and i-7 processors and offer a full range of technologies that include Solid State Drives (SSDs), an integrated 2.0MP camera, DDR3 memory modules, more ports than previous generations and a wider touchpad with improved ergonomic features.
The ThinkPad T410 and T510 notebooks are engineered with Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience for Windows7, which means faster start-up and shut-down times than systems without Enhanced Experience, along with increased productivity for businesses with new hardware and software innovations. The spill-resistant keyboard, ThinkVantage Client Security Solution with integrated Fingerprint Reader and Smartcard support are other innovative features that give these notebooks unmatched durability and security.
Pricing starts from R11,500 incl vat – Visit WebAntics.co.za for more information.
With a name more recognised in things to do with printing, Epson is a company that knows a thing or several about reproducing images. It has subsequently applied this pixel-reproducing know-how to front projection for quite some time now and also laid claim to the world’s first LCD video imaging projector launched back in 1989. Jump some 21 years and Epson has a multitude of models on offer, with this, the EH-TW3500, being one of the most affordable full-HD home theater projectors thus far.
The next generation D7 LCD panels offer enhanced image quality and an impressive 36,000:1 high contrast ratio ensures clear, sharp and defined images as well as superb brightness for any light situation. This projector complies with the x.v.Colour standard which ensures a wider colour production area to support perfectly smooth video playback. In addition to refined image quality, Epson has included a 10 bit Pixel Works video processor chip to bring added smoothness and clarity to even fast moving pictures on screen, especially important when using the latest games consoles.
Despite its intricate technical capabilities, the EH-TW3500 is quick and easy to install and set up. A x2.1 optical zoom capability, and a wide horizontal/vertical lens shift, makes image adjustment flexible and easy in any setting. This projector also boasts wide connectivity options, including two HDMI version 1.3 inputs. Quieter fan operation also means the viewer can enjoy the movie to the full.
• Full HD 1080p with high-definition 1920 x 1080p resolution for wide screen HD Cinema at home
• Superior image quality with Epson’s 3LCD technology (D7 panel)
• High dynamic contrast ratio of 36 000:1
• Super-high brightness of 1800 ANSI Lumens
• Wide colour space and full 10 bit video processing (Pixel Works scaler)
• Wide connectivity (easy connection to DVD/Blu-ray player, digital TV Tuner, Set top box, games consoles, computers and digital cameras) with 2 x HDMI 1.3 inputs (true 1080p signal video processing)
• Easy and flexible to install : convenient horizontal and vertical lens shift, ceiling mount possibility, wide range of projection distances, optical zoom x 2.1
• Really quiet projection: 22 dB fan noise
• Stylish and new white design
• Dimensions 45W x 13.5H x 35D cm
• 2 years warranty on projector and 3 years/3000 hours on lamp