Archive for the ‘Wacom Tablets’ Category
Artists and designers now have two new options for working directly on screen. As with the Cintiq 24HD, Wacom’s latest Cintiqs feature best-in-class widescreen HD displays, ultrawide viewing angles and premium color performance. To give professional artists and designers enhanced focus on their work and creativity, Wacom introduces the powerful combination of a precision pen and natural multi-touch. With the addition of these models to the Cintiq lineup, anyone, from freelance industrial designers sketching in a small studio to Hollywood animators creating the next blockbuster movie, can find a Cintiq that best fits their workflow.
The Cintiq 24HD touch: Hot Color, Cool Touch!
The Cintiq 24HD touch‘s integration of multi-touch capabilities directly on the Cintiq screen, along with Wacom’s most advanced pen technology, give you a truly “hands-on” creative experience as you work digitally. In addition, the new display in the Cintiq 24HD touch offers stellar color performance thanks to advanced LED backlighting. Delivering a 97% Adobe RGB color gamut and over one billion colors, the Cintiq 24HD touch is ideal for any color-critical workflow.
- Multi-touch functionality gives you the freedom to quickly position and navigate your artwork with natural, intuitive gestures right on the screen.
- The Cintiq 24HD touch displays 97% of the Adobe color gamut and more than one billion colors. It’s ideal for color-critical workflows such as animation, photography and video editing.
- The ergonomically designed, counterweighted stand lets you quickly and effortlessly adjust the incline and height of the Cintiq 24HD touch to your favorite work position. You can even position the display to overhang the edge of your desk, allowing it to float just above your knees.
- Featuring Wacom’s advanced Tip Sensor, the Cintiq professional pen captures the slightest nuance of pen pressure, starting with as little as a single gram of force.
- Dynamically adjust exposure, brush size and line weight simply by varying the pressure or angle of the pen on the screen. Use the pressure- and tilt-sensitive pen to precisely sketch, paint, retouch and edit your creative work. You’ll feel just like you’re working with a traditional paintbrush, marker, pen or pencil.
- Generously-sized 24″ HD (1920 x 1200) display; the 16:10 aspect ratio is perfect for developing wide-screen content.
- Ten programmable ExpressKeys™ put keyboard shortcuts and modifiers right at your fingertips. The Touch Rings provide a natural way to zoom, scroll and change brush size. The Grip Pen’s customizable side switches allow you to program common functions into the pen itself. There is a programmable digital eraser on the back of the pen.
The Cintiq 22HD: Express Yourself!
The Cintiq 22HD combines a 21.5″ HD, wide-format LCD with industry-leading pen input capabilities, all in a traditional desktop display. Photographers, designers, artists and other creative professionals can work naturally and intuitively directly on the surface of the display with the pressure- and tilt-sensitive pen that gives you control over pressure-sensitive brush effects such as line weight, opacity, and exposure.
- Traditional-sized, 21.5″ HD Display (1900 X 1080) features a wide -format, and wide viewing angle
- Wacom’s most advanced pressure and tilt-sensitive pen technology replicates the natural effects and experience of working with traditional brushes and markers
- Traditional Cintiq adjustable, rotating stand
- Time saving ExpressKeys, Scroll Ring and Radial menus give you customizable, one-touch shortcuts and modifiers.
Choosing a Cintiq
With four Cintiqs now in the family (Cintiq 12WX, Cintiq 21UX, Cintiq 22HD, Cintiq 24HD and Cintiq 24HD touch), Wacom offers a line of interactive pen displays that each have their own set of unique features and characteristics. Choosing the best model ultimately boils down to matching personal workflows with the right Cintiq.
The Cintiq 22HD (R27,729.99 Incl VAT) will be available at the end of July 2012 and the Cintiq 24HD touch (R53,157.52 Incl VAT) will be available to order in from 10th July 2012. Visit WebAntics Online for more information or contact them on +27 (11) 839-0716.
WebAntics Online are the first South African reseller of this innovative product from SmudgeGuard® in America. This specially designed one-fingered or two-fingered-glove is designed to eliminate ink or graphite smudges when you write, draw or sketch. SmudgeGuard® is sold around the world and unsurprisingly, many of their users are Wacom tablet users. They found out SmudgeGuard® was useful for keeping their tablets smudge-free and for eliminating the friction when drawing on their Wacom tablets. So it’s wonderful to see that SmudgeGuard® is helpful to Wacom users as well!
SmudgeGuard was set up by left-handed entrepreneur Jeannie Lit, whose inspiration came from seeing her similarly left-handed son come home from school with pencil smudges all down the side of his hand. She designed an ostensibly simple solution, in the shape of a cutaway glove-like sheath that prevented ink or pencil from smearing as you write or draw.
SmudgeGuard® is a hand guard which prevents the user from getting ink or graphite smudges on his or her writing hand while writing or drawing. It also prevents the tablet PC user from getting hand smudges on the tablet while writing or drawing and prevents friction between the hand and the surface of paper and tablets. Both types of SmudgeGuard® can be used on either hand.
Some of the benefits of SmudgeGuard® are:
- Keeps the side of your hand clean from unwanted smudges!
- No more sweaty hand smudges on your Tablet PC!
- Eliminates hand friction!
- Your hand will glide easily across paper and tablets!
- Your hand will not “stick” to the Wacom surface anymore!
- Minimizes smudges off your creative work!
- Great for home, school or office!
- Children & Adults can use it for: Writing, Drawing, Sketching
SmudgeGuard® is available in South Africa from WebAntics Online in two versions - SmudgeGuard SG1 (1 Finger Glove) SmudgeGuard SG2 (2 Finger Glove). The only difference between the SG1 and the SG2 is that SG1 covers the pinky while the SG2 covers both the ring finger AND the pinky. Some people draw by resting only their pinky on the tablet for support while others may rest BOTH their ring finger and the pinky finger. For instance, if both your ring finger and pinky rests on the tablet or paper while drawing, then you may consider buying the SG2. In this way, your ring finger won’t smudge the tablet. The SG2 will also provide more protection against friction and allows your hand to glide easier
The Wacom Intuos5 range of tablets has been announced keeping in mind professionals such as artists, designers and photographers.Some of its features are inclusive of multi-touch gestures, an Express View Display and wireless capabilities.
The Wacom Intuos5 is the new professional pen tablet generation for photographers, designers and artists who want to dive into their digital image. Superior new features include multi-touch gesture support for intuitive input, an Express View display to facilitate an efficient workflow and wireless capabilities for convenience and comfort. Combined with Wacom’s renowned pen pressure and tilt sensitive pen, the state-of-the-art Intuos5 represents the intuitive way to create.
What’s new from the Intuos 4:
NEW– now with multi-touch function supporting user-defined shortcuts and conveying a natural feel simply – through multi-touch gestures
NEW– now with the revolutionary Express View on-screen display
NEW– gain freedom via the optional wireless accessory kit
NEW– now with ergonomic soft-touch surface designed for maximum comfort
Same as the Intuos 4:
- Pen precision with 2,048 levels of pressure sensitivity and pen tilt for a real pen-on-paper feel
- Up to 8 individually configurable ExpressKeys with new surface feel
- Multifunctional Touch Ring with 4 freely programmable functions per application
The Wacom Intuos5 price and availability details have been disclosed. The small, medium and large slate types price tags read at R2599.99, R3517.58 and R5228.90, correspondingly. The Intuos5 and the rest of the Wacom tablet range and accessories are now available from WebAntics Online Shopping Store.
WebAntics Online is an authorised Wacom Reseller and is one of South Africa’s Leading Online Shopping Stores selling a wide range of products including Computers, Electronics, Gadgets, Corporate Gifts and Software to name just a few of our products. Established in 2005 with an aim of providing customers with an easy way of shopping from the comfort of their chair while at the same time benefiting from the cost saving from operating on-line.