Posts Tagged ‘Student & Teacher’
The Adobe Student and Teacher Editions look like a great deal. They offer big discounts, as much as 80% off normal prices. They’re available for most of Adobe’s product line, including Creative Suite 6, Lightroom 4, Acrobat X, and Elements 10. They can be purchased by anyone who qualifies – primary and secondary school students, college or university students, faculty, teachers, and administrators. Even part-time students or teachers can be eligible, and there is no age limitation. They’re available pretty much to anyone in South Africa on both Windows and Mac, and you don’t need any kind of coupon or promotion code to get the deep discounts.
So what’s the catch? Is the Academic software different or limited somehow? Is there any sort of time restriction, time limit, or time out – do Adobe Student Editions expire? Or are they unusable for commercial purposes?
The answer to all of these questions is fortunately NO! All Education products are identical in features and functionality in every respect to the current standard versions – the only differences are the prices and some of the licensing terms… The prices, as mentioned, are a real bargain – for example, instead of R11,561.97 Incl VAT for Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, you pay only R1,584.51 Incl VAT; instead of R21,760.26 for CS6 Design & Web Premium (Adobe’s most popular suite which contains seven major products including Photoshop Extended), you get it for R3,152.42 Incl VAT.
Since Creative Suite 5, the Student and Teacher Editions can be utilized for personal as well as commercial use, for all academic customers worldwide. So yes, you can sell your services or anything you create, or use these products in developing a side business or online venture. And after graduation or completion of coursework, you can continue to use the software on your personal systems; there is no usage expiration and the tools will continue to work.
But it’s true there are some limitations as compared to the regular editions which are all fairly minor:
- Each eligible person may purchase only one copy of each product per platform per year. Fortunately, each tool and suite and release are considered different products. So Illustrator and Photoshop (for example) are different titles, as are CS5.5 and CS6, and each suite is a different title, so you could buy these all within one year if you wanted.
- Student & Teacher Edition software may be used on your privately-owned computer only.
- The software is not transferable, meaning it may not be resold or given to others.
- You are required to validate eligibility after placing your order to receive your unique serial number key.
- Student editions cannot be upgraded to other education editions – but do receive Adobe’s discounted upgrade pricing to all regular commercial versions (say for a future release like CS6.5 or CS7), -or- you can purchase another student edition if you still qualify. But the student price on a new release is often lower than the commercial upgrade price anyway, so you can just choose which is less expensive for you… Bottom line, this is another substantial savings and advantage of owning these – basically you get your future releases discounted as well.
So why take your chances on the risks and malware in a pirated or bootleg version of CS6 when you can get the real deal – legitimate, supported, and completely safe – for up to 80% off from WebAntics Online?
Here’s a very helpful Student & Teacher Eligibility Guide that should answer other questions you may have, including documentation requirements.
WebAntics Online is an authorised Adobe reseller for South Africa. If you have any questions about CS6, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (011) 839-0716 and we’ll get you answers that you need fast.